Saturday, August 17, 2013

Let's Get It Started

 Seriously, a blog? I feel I'm betraying an oath of womanhood that doesn't own a smart phone, home school or take pictures of beautifully decorated tables with perfectly cooked meals. But I felt the same way about layering shirts. I thought; "how could you wear something that looks like your underwear isn't tucked in?!" Now, I wear them too. They've grown on me, I see their purpose and I lived in Provo, UT, and "when in Rome... ". I no longer live in Provo, but feel the strong desire to blog. In fact, I woke up at 4:00am this morning thinking of all of the "clever" things I could post. But now it's 9:12am and I haven't had much sleep- so, this is what you get.

A Blog needs a catchy title. My daughter Natalie, creates raps. She made up a rap that ended with "home slice". I wasn't exactly sure of the meaning, but it sounded cool. I looked it up this morning.


Natalie- Homeslice!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=homeslice  

Perfect for a blog title and multiple suggested meanings. Home Slice was not an available blog title. I added a couple of "I"s to make it work. I hope it doesn't lend itself to the confusion that already exists among "catchy" blog titles.

 Tahoe


This past week, we took our summer "vacation". We loaded up the 151,000+ odometer reading van, rented a Thule for all our gear and went camping at Lake Tahoe.

Coolest kids on earth!



Not as cool as our kids
Scott discovers the night mode on the camera


Yep! Our kids doing the dishes


Nothing beats reading by campfire and headlamps!





The Chef

Nutella and blueberry pancakes-can life get any better?!


Until next time...homesliiice






9 comments:

  1. I wish I could learn the art of enjoying camping... maybe someday.
    I love blogging it's an easier way to keep track of life for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you, Deana! It is a lot of work and a lot of laundry!! But the food taste so nice when your husband cooks it on a camp stove! Your Blog is beautiful!! Everything you do is beautiful- you have a gift. XO

      Delete
  2. I just emailed you but then found on fb that you're already up and runnin', yeah! Look at those kids and those cool parents! Nutella for breakfast, doesn't get better than that. OK, we're planning on Tahoe with you guys within a year! Love you Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan! Nice Job starting a blog. It was fun to get a view into your life now. Looks like a great family! My daughter and I have simple blog related to her rock climbing: climbersami.bolgspot.com

    - Eric

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool, Eric!! So fun to hear from you. I will check out your and Sami's blog! Fun memories of you, John Roberts and Shellee M. and me...Keep in touch.

    -Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tiffanie- Perfect! Tahoe and Nutella!! You are my inspiration! I Love you, my beautiful mother of nine friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan, it's been forever! This is a little heaven to my heart. Just read every one of your posts and can't believe it still feels like yesterday we were all playing with the kids at Wymount. Keep posting! I discovered your blog through your google plus. Love you all to pieces. This space is not large enough to catch up, but we are doing well - Loves, Noell + family

    ReplyDelete
  7. NOELL- YOU Gorgeous girl, YOU!!! Oh, how you make me happy just by reading your note. I miss your beautiful face and gentle and loving spirit. Where are you and Steve and your babes living? Are you in Med. school in Washington or was it Oregon? (see...dementia is setting in!) Are you close to family? I consider YOU my family! I love you dearly. I would love to catch up. I want to hear of all of your adventures. I so miss talking with you on "the hill" at Wymount. I never thought I would consider my indoor/outdoor carpeting, steel door apartment a bit of heaven. lovelovelove you.

    ReplyDelete