Friday, September 13, 2013

Who Are The People in Your Neighborhood?


This charming prince, sits watchful outside the entrance of our neighborhood library.

 Living in Northern California ROCKS! The weather is unquestionably beautiful, the people- exceptional and our neighborhood- simply delightful. These are some photos of people and places in MY neighborhood.
The Prince's Princess!
 Jennifer, the teen librarian and Joyce, the supervising librarian showing us the latest acquisition in our neighborhood library.
 Sisters Bassett and Schank are the sister missionaries in our neighborhood. These sister missionaries represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. And BTW- if you see them wandering the streets of our neighborhood, looking famished, they LOVE crepes with Nutella.


Right- this beautiful structure is not really in my neighborhood. But, it is 32.5 miles from my neighborhood and it reminds me that "goodness will prevail." This is a sacred place of worship. The Oakland Temple sits majestically on the hill tops of Oakland, CA. It is owned and operated by The Church of Jesus-Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Another photo of the temple, standing on Lincoln Avenue

 








 If you have wondered why Mormons build temples watch this video.



Another place of refuge in our neighborhood is Fire Station number six.

 Bob M. and Joel F. are two of our finest firemen.


Last year, seven of these fabulous firemen came to my aid when I shut my finger in the van door at the community center. I wasn't able to talk because I was honing all of my mental energy trying not to faint. The employees at the community center didn't know what had happened, they just saw blood dripping, hence the phone call to 911. Can you imagine seven of these Fab-O firemen looking down at you and all you can say is: "I hurt my finger". Do I hear a Halleluiah for our tax dollars hard at work?!!!

Who are the people in YOUR neighborhood, in your neighborhood in your Neigh-bor-hood?!



8 comments:

  1. Susan!! I love to read your blog and i am glad you "sang" the song at the end of your post, i was thinking it as soon as i saw the title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shaina! You are the sweetest! I knew we would always be friends the moment I had you in class! And of course, friends and great minds and girls sporting short hair think alike...I am a Mr. Rogers fan through and through!! Love to you and your sweet young family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the frogs, the missionaries, the temple, the firemen, the stream of amusing prologue. Nice job Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cherlynn- We will get together in one of our neighborhoods!!! I can't wait to see you!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. How I LOVE your writing style and fun pictures!!!! You are SO AWESOME!! I'm so sorry about the finger incident! Glad you're okay! It was super hilarious, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rebekah!! Can you just follow me around all day?? I love you. I needed your sunshine today. Thank you, my friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've inspired me - an upcoming post on my blog shall be the people in my neighborhood. Love you Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Tiffanie- YOU inspire me whenever I just think of you. You are on my list of amazing people in my life. Lovelovelove you.

    ReplyDelete